10.04.2004

Bush or Kerry


Two subjects I try not to get into arguments about are Religion and Politics. Religion because you cannot win. Wars have been started over Religion. I also do not argue over politics because I firmly believe if you do not like the government and what they stand for then use your vote. Don’t get me wrong, I am very opinionated on both subjects and can articulate my ideas and thoughts as well as the next person.
However, I choose not to be involved in the type of display I witnessed recently.

Saturday last, I went to a party and an argument about Politics erupted. A group of about eight guys were standing around talking, when the subject got on to movies and then onto Michael Moore's “Fahrenheit 9/11”. From there, it went to the upcoming elections in the US.

Interestingly, the topic never made it to US foreign policy as I thought it would, but these guys were actually yelling and screaming about who the better candidate was Bush or Kerry.
The booze, the yelling, the music made it hard for me to follow, so I am not sure who came out the winner. I thought, you have a bunch of Canadian men almost coming to blows over ‘AMERICAN POLITICIANS’
Now how stupid is that? I though it would have been much more interesting had they bothered to explore history of the two parties, and the effects of their individual foreign policies on Canada.
I could have only hoped.
I might have participated.

No comments: