9.29.2004

Night Fishing

Folks, last night I did something for the first time, that I never envisioned doing.
I went Night Fishing (for salmon). I actually have enjoyed fishing with the boys but I have never associated it with being a nocturnal sport.

My new neighbour who is a fervent angler invited me. When he told me, we would be leaving at 8pm returning at 2am I was a bit troubled. I went along for two reasons; first, it would allow me to get to know him a little better, and secondly, it was something different to do.

When we got the docks at Port Hope, I was flabbergasted to see 50 to 60 people (men and women) fishing at that time of night. I became aware of a subculture that I previously did not know existed.


The evening was quite enjoyable, even though we did not snag any fish. The conversation and the atmosphere made it a worthwhile experience. I learned something new about fishing and I got to know a lot more about my new neighbour. We have a lot more in common than I previously thought. It’s going to be fun having him next door.




No comments: